DIRECT CARRIER BILLING
The most popular MOBILE PAYMENT
While mobile payment options like NFC and cloud-based wallets get all the hype, Direct Carrier Billing (DCB) has received little attention despite its extensive use, immediate viability and great potential. It’s the fastest and convenient way to pay for apps and games!
How DCB benefits you as a Telco/ Developer?
Key highlight Direct Carrier Billing (DCB)
Receive and review real-time notifications of billing events, updates and reports
Customizable look & feel of the payment page
|Back Office Service
Retrieve exhaustive and asynchronous information
Change the status of any subscription service from active to inactive at any time
Blacklist one or more MSISDN’s or mobile user
|Security Signature Feature
Use a signature process inside the HTTP request to authenticate payments
Credit Card Penetration on Southeast Asia Market
How does DCB work?
Consumer selects a product to purchase
Pop-Up selected product to purchase
Select Telco accordingly
Insert number accordingly
The following describes a high-level Direct Billing purchase flow:
|1.||Consumer selects a product to purchase and confirms initial opt-in.|
|2.||Merchant submits authorization request to Forest DCB.|
|3.||Forest DCB processes authorization request with Operator and returns result to Merchant, including confirmation of funds reservation, if successful.|
|4.||Merchant returns failure or double opt-in information to Consumer for confirmation.|
|5.||Merchant submits charge request to Forest DCB and delivers content.|
|6.||Forest DCB processes charge request with Operator and returns result to Merchant.|
|7.||Merchant returns purchase confirmation information to Consumer and delivers content if not delivered previously.|
Why focus on Southeast Asia?
Revenues of the Southeast Asia games market will double to $2.2 Billion by 2017
Key reasons why Southeast Asia will be the key battleground for global players in the game space.
- World’s Fastest Growing Games Region
- Enormous Underlying Online Connectivity and Economic Growth
- Billion $ Games Market
- Mobile Games are Dominant
- Established Western Distribution Channels
- High English Language Penetration
Fastest Growing Games Region
Underlying Growth 2013 to 2017 (CAGR)
- Economic Growth (GDP) (%)
- Online Connectivity Growth (%)
- South East Asia’s economic growth prospects, huge population and fast-rising (mobile) internet connectivity essentially guarantee double-digit growth rates in terms of game spending for many years to come.
- South East Asia is growing beyond other similar regions such as LATAM. Projection shows 85% of games industry growth by 2017 will come from Asia.
- South East Asia resembles Europe as a region, not only in terms of population size, but more in terms of diversity of individual countries.
- From a games market perspective, this results in significant differences in gamer demographics, genre preferences and spending behavior.
Malaysia: Multiscreen Gamers
Key Data for 2014
In Malaysia, is the most popular country in South East Asia the country playing on multiple screens. Of all Malaysian gamers, 26.5% play in all four screens: Computer Screen (PC), Personal Screen (smartphone), Entertainment Screen (console) and Floating Screen (tablet/handheld console). This is above the global average of 23.9%.
Computer screens and personal screens are the most prevalently used, with 93.2% and 87.4% respective, of the gaming population utilizing them.
27% OF GAMERS PLAN ON ALL FOUR SCREENS
Many mobile gamers in Malaysia have spent money on mobile games. This is especially interesting considering that the annual amount spend is second highest in Southeast Asia at $32.61 per spender.
KPI Regional Comparisons 2014
|Latin America||Eastern Europe||Southeast Asia|
|Online Population (%)||311,000,000 (50%)||218,000,000 (62%)||188,000,000 (30%)|